If you are planning a trip to Sonoma Wine Country, chances are that you are coming for the fantastic food and wonderful wines. However, they are just the beginning of what the region offers. From hot air balloon rides to ziplining past the treetops of the redwood forests, there are so many fun things to do when you are in Sonoma County!
Below, you will find a comprehensive list of unique attractions, best-kept secrets, and fun things to do in Sonoma County, but if you are looking for more, simply download our free Sonoma Valley Vacation Guide. Our complimentary guide includes over 100 recommendations on year-round events, top restaurants, wineries, and more!
10 Fun Things to Do in Sonoma County
1. Zip Line Through the Redwood Forests
Explore the redwood forests in one of the most exhilarating ways imaginable with Sonoma Canopy Tours. Here, you will find seven different zip lines, two sky bridges at 110 feet, a 45-foot rappel, and one zip line that spans over 1,500 feet! Adrenaline seekers must take The Tree Tops Tour, where riders can reach speeds of up to 40 miles per hour.
2. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
Soar over miles of rugged ocean coast, giant coastal redwood groves, endless vineyards, and stunning landscapes with a hot air balloon ride over Sonoma County. We highly recommend Up & Away Ballooning! There isn’t a better way to discover Wine Country’s greatest points of interests and learn about ballooning and its history.
3. Go on a Wine Tasting Tour
Sonoma is home to hundreds of wineries, so chances are that if you are visiting, you’ll want to know where to find the best ones! Wine tasting tours are the perfect solution. Platypus Wine Tours, Beau Wine Tours, and Terrific Tours are three amazing places to discover the region’s world-class wineries and vineyards.
More Unique Attractions
4. Take a swing and put on the green at some of the most stunning golf courses in Wine Country.
5. Enjoy breathtaking wildlife and spectacular photo opportunities on the rugged shores of Bodega Bay, a popular nesting spot for elephant seals and sea lions.
6. Plan a romantic trip to Quarryhill Botanical Gardens which features one of the largest collections of wild-sourced Asian plants in the world.
7. Learn about the man behind Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and the rest of the Peanuts Gang at the Charles M Schulz Museum.
8. Take a horseback riding tour in the heart of the Northern California Wine Country at Jack London State Historic Park.
9. Wander the seemingly endless trails at Armstrong Redwoods State Park among some of the world’s tallest living trees.
10. Swim, kayak, and canoe down the beautiful Russian River.
Your Sonoma Valley Getaway Awaits
When planning a trip to the incredible Sonoma Valley Wine Country, you’ll want to stay in an equally impressive accommodation. Located in the heart of Sonoma, Olea Hotel is in middle of all of the best things to see and do. In addition, all of our guests enjoy an array of luxurious amenities, including daily gourmet breakfast, complimentary wine, and weekend wine tasting events!
We are excited to announce that our grand reopening is set for August 2018! It has been a long journey, but with an added pool, updated guest rooms, and a newly renovated hot tub, Olea Hotel is better than ever. Check our availability and book your room today!
Looking for more fun things to do in Sonoma County? Remember to download your free vacation guide!